Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day One Hundred&Forty

What a great night.
I had the fantastic opportunity to sit in on a meeting with Videographer, Paul Rogers, and Photographer, Jasmine Star. The main focus for the meeting was "branding" yourself as a photographer. You want potential clients to buy YOU. YOU are your own brand.
Which got me thinking...
I'm not sure who I am. How am I going to build a successful photography business if I don't even know who I am? Who I REALLY am... Not who that person or this person thinks I should be. Who I am. Plain and simple.
So starting today, I am on a journey to figure that out. For my blog today, instead of having stats for a photo, I am going to just list random things, stats if you will, about myself. The things I know for sure right now.
Take them or leave them.
This is Me.
Here goes.
-I know the photo above is blurry but I don't care because I like the way I look in it.
-I am terrified of the storm outside. Especially since I am alone.
-I love colorful things, especially if they are outside.
-I like to play in the dirt.
-I am lazy and love my bed.
-I am completely content with looking for four leaf clovers for HOURS. If you don't want to, you can come back for me later.
-Live music and a good beer equal a great night.
-My family is my life. My rock. Especially my Mom.
-I like schedules, but sometimes don't keep to it.
-I want to be more independent.
-I am head over heels in love with office supplies, veggie trays, and chapstick.
-I only like rain if it is warm.
-I have social anxiety (amongst other sorts of anxiety).
-I am afraid to speak my mind because I am terrified it will be the wrong thing. (Sounds dumb, working on that.)
-I am emotional, even when it comes to a good cup of coffee.
-I have a broken heart.
-I believe that Laughter makes the world go round. (and cute puppies help too)
-I am passionate. Passion IS my Passion.
-I am a freak and I absolutely love it.
There ya go. A few things about me. If you made it this far in my post, Thank You for reading... I appreciate all of you for hanging by me and loving me for me, even if none of us are quite sure who that is. Soon, very soon, I will figure me out. This excites me greatly.

Love,
BaylieMarie
Baylie B.
Bailes
Rea
or just Marie.

5 comments:

ksflygirl said...

Baylie- Great blog. You will find out who you are, and as you continue this journey it will change so many times. Just hold your head up, keep your heart open and life will reward you!
xoxoxo

Baylie Marie said...

Thank you, Mike!

Lennon Bone said...

Good post Baylie! It's good to see you evaluating yourself in a positive way. I know I'm constantly evaluating myself and my "work" to try and narrow it down to what mostly fits me, which can be disheartening at times as a lot of my ideas are completely unrelated. I'm coming to believe that you can be many things, as long as you embrace them all with the same passion. Your daily progress continues to be a motivation for me, and many others I'm sure. Thanks for sharing.

EV said...

you are such a pretty face... w/ such a pretty soul to go along with it.

p.s. i use to collect four leaf clovers...& still hunt for them from time to time.

Travis said...

Well said Bailey. Well said.