Monday, July 5, 2010

Day One Hundred&EightySix

I had a very eye opening experience this weekend while in Oklahoma City.
My parents and I paid a visit to the Oklahoma City Memorial site for the bombing that took place in 1995.
It is a very chilling and sad experience, however, I highly suggest everyone experience it.  Especially if you were around when it actually happened.  I don't remember where I was but I do remember watching the news and hearing about it for a very long time.
The first picture above is from the fence where everyone leaves things for their loved ones.  I saw these little shoes and it broke my heart.  Not sure if they are for a little person that died in the bombing or if they were left BY a little person for someone else that died.  Either option kills me.
I am very thankful for my family and friends and seeing all of this really made me realize how much I have. 
Love you all.
Hug your Mom and Dad.

Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a sad sad day! I haven't spent much time in OK, but my dad recently moved to Lawton and I've passed through many times visiting my family in Dallas. I'll have to stop by sometime when I'm going through.

Paul said...

I've seen this memorial a few times now. I used to live in Amarillo, TX back in '01 and went out there one time, breathtaking. I also went on spring break out to OKC a couple of years ago and it was on the anniversary of it. I went to the museum the first time and yes, totally broke down at the end...just an amazingly tragic experience. I have some great pics of that and the other stuff I did out there. Great city, if you know what to look for! :) Thank you for this picture, it brought back fond memories.

Avis said...

I have been to the memorial site twice w/ my aunt Mae who lives in OKC. The first visit we saw the entire fence filled w/rememberances. Other things I remember were the clock and the "survivor tree". A few yrs ago we went to the museum itself. I couldn't even finish it effected me so much. Worth the time but not like any other memorial/museum you have ever seen.